Life as a midwife and as a Mum can get a bit hectic at times and yesterday was certainly no different.
After a twelve hour shift and a careless placement of my leftover McDonalds fries this occurred…
At thirteen months my precious little curly has discovered McDonalds! Oops I suddenly thought I’ll add that to the list of things I feel guilty for already. We all have that list right? I’ll share mine with you
- My son has eaten McDonalds at the age of one (ok ok and Domino’s)
- I work and have to leave him with nursery, or family or friends to make it possible
- The amount I earn at work minus the childcare makes me wonder whether I should bother going to work
- I use CBeebies or Disney films as a form of childcare on the days after my shifts to recover from work
- I use childcare on days that I am not at work, hey it’s paid for! Plus the freedom…bliss
- I didn’t feed him organic baby food
- I used jarred food and spoon fed him sometimes
- He has eaten chocolate
- I feed him food sometimes so that he’ll be good and quiet
- I didn’t want to feed him at the breast when he started biting
- He isn’t always given finger foods
- I look forward to bedtime sometimes
- I’ve stolen money out of his piggy bank (I will pay it back, when we’ve moved house)
- I often give him random objects to play with that I know will keep him quiet. He now loves hairbrushes…
- I don’t read to him every night.
- He doesn’t get bathed every night.
What’s your list of mummy guilt?! Link it below if you fancy joining in.